Tuesday, December 31, 2019

New Year.....New Resolution

Well, 4.5 years after my last post and here I am again. A new year is upon me and thus a new resolution. I'm proud of the way I live my life. But there can always be improvements.

In 2020 I want to complete a different challenge each month. 

I've done fitness challenges and water challenges. But I want to step up my game a little. I want to do a different challenge each month of the year. That's what I also hope to document on this blog. Some will be physical fitness challenges, some will be mental challenges, and some will be food challenges. (I'm already anticipating the food ones being the hardest). 

Keeping in mind that schedules, responsibilities or travel may impact some of the ease of these challenges they are subject to change as I realize what is actually doable. But for now here they are: 

January : Meditate Daily
February: No Candy
March: Push Up Challenge
April: Make Dinner 3 times a week
May: No Soda/Sweet Tea
June: Meditate Daily
July: No Meat
August: Intermittent Fasting
September: No swearing or complaining
October: Plank Challenge
November: Text 1 person gratitude every day
December: Ab Challenge

I know meditating is on their twice. But centering myself mentally is where I struggled this past year and I want to make it a bigger focus this year. 

I already work out a good amount. I try not to eat horribly. I even try to limit my swearing and be conscious of my thoughts. But resolutions are a good way to hold yourself more accountable. To start something that may become a habit. While I will never give up candy completely, going a month without it will hopefully help to curb some of that craving. To not complain may help me focus more on solutions and positive thoughts. 

So here is to 2020! To trying new things and pushing myself out of my comfort zone a bit more. 


No comments:

Post a Comment