Friday, January 3, 2014

Happy 2014!

So far all 2014 has brought me is a sinus infection....well at least I think it's a sinus infection-going to the doctor today to see what their opinions are.

Started feeling bad in 2013, to the point that New Years Eve meant me attempting to go to sleep early and being grumpy when a random watch started beeping just after midnight (seriously! I hadn't worn this watch in literally months and suddenly it come alive and wants to celebrate the new year! I guess it's better to have inanimate objects come alive to celebrate instead of to haunt).

Other than that, the start of a new year also means more New Years resolutions to make and hopefully not break! This year I've decided to make a resolution that really shouldn't be that difficult. I want to read at least 1 book a month. (Children's books don't count.) I love to read. I love escaping into another world and getting lost there for hours. There have literally been days where I spent 8 hours reading and when it came time to stop reading and go out to dinner it took me a while to transition back into the real world! But I find that parts of the year I just drop the ball on reading. Suddenly it will take me months to finish a book because I claim I don't have the time. And that's a lie. There's always time. I just use it to sit mindlessly in front of yet another NCIS marathon on the USA network instead. With this resolution I'll be forced to at least do a book a month. Ideally it would be great to do more than a book a month.

There are other things I'd like to accomplish like donating blood 6 times this year and getting involved in new social things more. But I feel as those will be ongoing things. And things I may not have as much control over (case in point-I actually was scheduled to donate blood today but thanks to the extreme stuffiness that's not going to happen).

So here's to a new year! I can't wait to see what else 2014 has in store for me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment