Thursday, February 7, 2013

Trips to the Bathroom (not gross-I swear!)

It may be a bit early in this blog's life to talk about the bathroom, but I'm going to do it anyway.

Thanks to being dehydrated and feeling the effects a few years ago, I'm a firm believer in drinking plenty of water throughout the day. I love water and am one of those weird people who enjoys it's taste (even though some say water has no taste-but that's a debate for another time). The only downside of drinking a lot of water during the day is the extra few trips to the bathroom as a result.

Every time I'm drying my hands after a trip, I now think of an awesome Ted Talk that I watched a while ago by Joe Smith. It's all about the amount of paper waste we create by using multiple paper towels while drying our hands. Apparently regardless of what type of paper towel a bathroom supplies, you only need 1! If everyone only used 1 paper towel per hand drying, it would eliminate so much waste!!!



I'm only on this planet for a short amount of time in the grand scheme of things. And like a good amount of the Millennial Generation, I'd like to leave the world better than when I entered it. So I love the idea that a simple action while in the bathroom can actually help reduce the amount of trash I produce especially over a lifetime! 

No comments:

Post a Comment