Friday, February 1, 2013

What is a triskele anyway?!?

"A triskele, or triskelion, is a motif consisting of three interlocked spirals." Or so explains Wikipedia. The original meaning behind a triskele has been lost over time. They've been used in astrological calendars, in displays of arms, and, most frequently, as a sign of harmony by the Celtics. It was this last description that caught my attention a few years ago while scouring the internet for tattoo ideas. Harmony between mind, body, and soul, is always something I've thought about. I strongly believe that there is a relationship between all three and that if you suffer in one area, the others are affected as well. And so after quite a bit of thought (and some extra googling to compare various meanings) I took the plunge and will forever have a triskele tattooed on me.

Since then the pursuit of harmony has been even more prominent in my life. I am nowhere near perfect. Far from it actually. But I do want to be happy. Doesn't everyone? So I try to take the steps to reach toward that idea of harmony. It helps that I don't like to sit still. I prefer to be actively doing something and always willing to try new things.

So that's what this blog will be about. My search for contentment and happiness. To try and find harmony between my mind, body, and soul. Mistakes, achievements, stories, pictures-I plan to share it all. To 'lay it all out there' as the cliche saying goes. It should be an interesting journey. So let's begin shall we....

No comments:

Post a Comment